De'Ronnius Young 2014 Spirit of STATE Award Recipient

Major: Criminology & Political Science
Classification: Senior
Son of: Mott & Freddy Young
Hometown: Como, MS

What does Spirit of State mean to you? The Spirit of State is the epitome of what it means to be True Maroon. Possessing the Spirit of State shows that one embodies the true essence of integrity, pride, humility, service, and leadership. The Spirit of State is something that all Bulldogs possess and wish to share with others around the world.

What do you like most about Mississippi State University? I enjoy the warm and welcoming atmosphere that MSU offers to all its students and visitors. MSU is an institution where everyone has a place and where everyone has the opportunity to become involved in a rich history of tradition and excellence. I will be graduating this year and the thing I will miss most is the family dynamic that MSU has given me since my first day on campus.

What is the most rewarding experience you've had while at MSU? Being a Spirit of State Award recipient is definitely my most rewarding experience. Being an awardee shows that I have been blessed with many opportunities to give back to my university as much as it has given to me. Receiving this honor reflects my desire to make a difference at my university through various organizations, initiatives, and programs.